Notice of the appointment was contained in a statement issued by the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina.
Here is a compilation of 10 facts you need to know about Dr. Kachikwu.
1. Kachikwu hails from Onicha-Ugbo, a town in Aniocha North Local Government Area, Delta State, Nigeria.They are Igbo-speaking people. The town lies on the Benin-Asaba Express way connecting the west to the East of Nigeria.
2. Kachikwu is a First Class Graduate of Law from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and the Nigerian Law School.
3. He holds a Masters and Doctorate Degrees in Law from Harvard Law School.
4. Kachikwu started his working career with the Nigerian/American Merchant Bank Limited (NAMBL), under the Chairmanship of Alhaji Ibrahim Damcida.
5. Having worked with NAMBL for about seven months, Kachikwu proceeded to work with TEXACO Nigeria Limited where he served as the General Manager, Legal, Upstream and Downstream
6. From TEXACO Nigeria Limited, Kachikwu, moved to Exxon-Mobil (Africa), where he was appointed the Executive Vice Chairman and General Counsel of Exxon-Mobil (Africa), sometime in 2012.
7. On September 25, 2012, the Society for Corporate Governance (SCG) celebrated the appointment of Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachiukwu, as the Executive Vice-Chairman, Exxon Mobil, at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.
8. Kachikwu is an an expert in Petroleum Law and Practice
9. In 2013, Kachikwu was coronated as the Odogwu-designate of Onicha-Ugbo, by the Obi of Onicha Ugbo, Agbogidi Chukwumalieze I. The ceremony tagged “Ida Nzu” took place at the Ezechime Palace, of the Obi of Onicha-Ugbo.
10. Kachikwu is the publisher of Hints magazine.