- HEARD ON TWITTER: Jim Carrey Wrote Tupac Letters In Prison [SEE TWEET]
- A-m-a-z-i-n-g!! American Mom Delivers Rare Set Of Mono Mono Identical Twin Girls [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
- Much Loved Comedian, Robin Williams Dies Aged 63 From Suspected Suicide
- Papa Ayo Oritsejafor Announces Omobude As New PFN President
- Lupita Nyong’o Graces The Cover Of ELLE France July Issue
Don’t you just hate it when a serious, heart-rending story gets twisted into so many variations that it tends to lose it’s meaning? That is what some people are trying to do with this story.
On January 21, I reported this story of a Buried Baby girl, who was dug up alive in a community in Lagos, Nigeria by good Samaritans and taken to the hospital. The information about this miracle baby was sketchy and who perpetuated this crime was unknown.
But recently, I have read many conflicting reports about this baby. Two reputable blogs reported that the baby was dug up in Delta State. They claim it was the girl’s father, a 25 year old labourer who buried her alive. They also gave the father’s name as Macaulay Onitcha, and the name of the baby girl as Edna Macaulay.
Their report continues to say that someone had witnessed him digging a shallow grave, dumping the baby in it and covering her with dirt. The person whose name was given as Saturday Ekama, then fought and overpowered Macaulay at the scene. After which he (Saturday) took the child to the police station to report what had happened. The baby was alive but suffered a neck injury and is still receiving treatment at Saint Francis Hospital in Asaba.
Now, here’s the interesting part… (Click to read more)
Macaulay, who is currently in police custody at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Asaba was asked why he did it. His reply according to these blogs was that since the baby was born, his wife had denied him of sex. So he got mad and decided to bury the baby. Their reports further state that the man said he did it in anger and was sorry.
I have reposted the baby’s photos here to discuss why these stories don’t add up…
1. When a baby is born, it takes 5 days-3 weeks for the umbilical cord to fall off. If you look at the last photo below, you can see clearly that the baby’s umbilical cord hasn’t shrunk or shrivelled yet,; rather it looks very fresh. That helps put the baby’s age at Day Zero to 3 weeks. I personally would peg the baby’s age at 0-3 days. THAT BABY IS NOT 4 MONTHS OLD!!
2. After a woman gives birth, she BLEEDS heavily for the first two days. The bleeding continues for 4-6 weeks at most. Therefore if we pegged the baby’s age at 3 weeks, it means the mother was still bleeding as at the time the baby was dug out of the grave. So what sane man would be demanding for sex at that time?
3. Where did this incident really happen? Asaba or Lagos?
I’m currently investigating this story. I’ve made several phone calls. If anyone has useful information for me, please email me at email@example.com
I do not believe in insulting a reader’s intelligence just to gather traffic to my blog. I believe in doing things right!
Besides, this little baby deserves a straightforward story to say the least.