A drunk man in China was rushed to hospital after he put two live fish into his anus.
The two pond loaches swam up into his intestines, one of which even broke through the bowel wall causing severe abdominal pain to the patient.
According to reports, the 45-year-old man claims to have been drinking on March 10 and put the fish inside his body by himself.
The following day he rushed to The First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University with signs of a high fever, low blood pressure and severe stomach pain.As the two loaches had stayed in the patient’s body for over 24 hours, surgeons did an abdominal digital radiography to locate the loaches.
The patient was diagnosed with perforation of the intestine and was at risk of septic shock due to infection.
Doctors successfully removed the loaches that one measuring six inches long.
However they could not locate the second pond loach in his intestines but identifies a wound on the intestinal wall. Doctors told the reporters that the second pond loach was stuck in the upper left section of his abdomen.
One doctor said: ‘The second fish is four inches long and 0.8 inches wide. He could have lost his life if this loach swam further and reached upper organs.’
He explained the fish had caused serious infection in the patient’s abdominal area and the man has now been transferred to intensive care for further treatment.