These fascinating images were taken by Princess Diana‘s former butler Paul Burrell, who worked for the Princess from 1987 until her death, as part of an inventory just days after she was killed in a car crash in Paris in August 1997.
The sofa in her bedroom was covered in stuffed animals (bottom right) while her dressing room walls were filled with framed photos of herself and her two young sons (top right). But it is her sitting room, where she is said to have spent much of her time, that offers perhaps the most revealing insight into her private life and passions.
1. Framed photograph of two dancers;
2. Table with framed family photos;
3. Telephone on a separate stand;
4. Stuffed toy, believed to be a seal;
5. Miniature statue of Christ;
6. Letter rack;
7. Pen pot;
8. Framed photo of Prince Harry;
9. Photo frame;
10. Leather-topped writing desk;
11. Framed photo Prince Harry;
12. Greeting card with a heart design;
13. Ballerina figurine;
14. Framed photo of Prince William;
15. Collection of Herend porcelain animal figurines;
16; Framed picture of a bird, believed to be a kingfisher;
17. Cream sofa with patterned floral cushions.